Re: Change dark blue terminal colour

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 18:40, Andrew DeFaria <> wrote:
> It doesn't matter what $TERM says. It matters what terminal emulator
> you are running. If mintty then follow the suggestion above...
>
>> Is there a general xterm configuration for overriding a specific
>> colour? A few minutes on google didn't uncover anything.
>
> If you are using xterm, have you tried man xterm? Either that or
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xterm. It's the 3rd entry. (My question is what were
> you doing for a few minutes on Google such that you didn't think to simply
> type in xterm!)

Thank you.

>From my bash history I see that I read man xterm right after running
echo $TERM. I was googling for "xterm blue" and the like, not just
plain xterm. In either case, nor from the xterm manpage nor from
googling was I able to figure out how to override the ANSI colours.

Just to be clear: I know that lmgtfy is often used in a cynical sense,
but I happen to _appreciate_ being sent to the find manual. I do try
to peruse the manual of any software that I have trouble with before
turning to forums or mailing lists, and if one can point me to the
right place in the manual to look then it will save me further
questions and possibly help me solve related issues in the future.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com