Re: Why /usr/bin/*.dll must be executable?

On 4/20/2012 1:25 PM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
From: Corinna Vinschen
Windows requires the x bit for DLLs to be loadable as executable code
into the address space of a process.  As VÃclav wrote, it's a Windows
thing.

So, I had to play with "chmod -x cyg*.dll" and, of course, it totally hosed Cygwin. I recovered by reinstalling from scratch only after realizing that ATTRIB did not have an option to re- establish X--we're talking XP here. So, as this is a Windows thing, wondering how, through Windows, I could restore execute access to the DLLs.

What's wrong with "chmod +x cyg*.dll"?

-- Larry