Re: New cygwin dll crashes zsh

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 12:20:53AM +1000, wynfield@gmail.com wrote:
With the latest distribution of cygwin, zsh faults with the following
message.
----
child_info_fork::abort: unable to remap deltochar.dll to same address as parent (00C10000) - try running rebaseall
zsh: fork failed: resource temporarily unavailable
I run zsh all of the time without this type of problem.
You could try:
mv /etc/rebase.db.i386 /etc/rebase.db.i386.saf
and then run rebaseall again.
Maybe that will put deltochar in the right place.

----
I've seen similar problems with bash about 2-3% of the time since the
last update. Usually it's when I have alot of programs loaded (but no where near filling memory), but maybe has something to do with running cygwin services that usually keep cygwin libs in memory? I just noticed, that in order to try
to get stability in a game, I stopped all non-essential procs, including background cygwin service(s), and haven't had any of those error since. But
too little variability in my config since minimizing it to tell if that was what
made the problem go away or if it is just coincidence...