Unable to start nfsd and mountd services (XP SP3)

Hi All,

I'm new to Cygwin and I'm trying to get the nfs server up and running on an
XP SP3 machine.

I've reached the point where the portmap service seems to start ok as far as
i can tell, but neither nfsd or mountd will start.

The Services error dialog says:
The Cygwin nfsd service on local computer started and then stopped. Some
services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the
performance logs and alerts service.

\var\log\portmap.log is empty.

\var\log\mountd.log contains one entry:
mountd[3080] 04/13/112 11:43 auth_init.c 442 : Could not open exports file
/etc/exports: no such file or directory

The nfsd.log file is the same except for it starts nfsd[3280]

/etc/exports exists with rwxrwxrwx permissions and contains one export:
/mnt/databases (rw,no_root_squash)

Thanks,
Jon.