Where are end user instructions to compile an updated package?

I'm interested in compiling the latest Sqlite source into a Cygwin
package to updated the current version, for use on one machine.

Could someone point me to the instructions that are complete enough
for an end user to begin with source code, and produce an installable
Cygwin package?

Thanks.

=======Keith