Re: Can RPM packages be installed into Cygwin?

On 4/9/2012 11:48 PM, De-Jian Zhao wrote:
I wrote to the help desk of NCBI Blast+. They have no guidelines
for Cygwin users and also suggested the windows version.

It sounds like the Cygwin port is abandoned, then. You should consider adopting it.

Yes, it's a fair bit of work, and I wouldn't be surprised if you initially don't have the skill to figure out everything about reviving this port. However, the best way to learn is to try and do something.