Re: sshd not doing key based authentication

* Rurik Christiansen (Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:23:04 +1000)
> On 6/04/2012 08:44, Andrey Repin wrote:
> > Greetings, Rurik Christiansen!
>
> [...]
>
> >> and my understanding is that I can't run the sshd frontend without
> >> screwing the permissions.
> > I don't understand what you mean by this.
>
> From an earlier mail on this list:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-11/msg00212.html
>
> I cite:
>
> "Ugh!  This suggests that you have not read OpenSSH readme in
> /usr/share/doc/Cygwin.  You can't do this without screwing up all
> the permissions on various directories and files that SSH checks
> the permissions of."

Nonsense. sshd doesn't change or "screw up" any permissions. I've been
running sshd as user or sshd via xinetd run as user for the last seven
years on my workstation and never had no problem. Of course I can only
login as myself but that's expected.

Thorsten