Re: sshd not doing key based authentication

On 6/04/2012 08:44, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Rurik Christiansen!

[...]

>> and my understanding is that I can't run the sshd frontend without
>> screwing the permissions.
> I don't understand what you mean by this.

>From an earlier mail on this list:

I cite:

"Ugh!  This suggests that you have not read OpenSSH readme in
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin.  You can't do this without screwing up all
the permissions on various directories and files that SSH checks
the permissions of."

>> (the client sends the publickey packet and then jumps to next auth method)
> This looks exactly like wrong permissions on authorized_keys file, or
> absence of it for particular user.

"Palm slap over forehead" :) ... Yes that was it.

> Also, please don't top-post.

Sorry, sometimes I forget to switch contexts :)

All the best and thanks

--
Nihil verus. Omnia possibilis.