RE: How best to update Cygwin if setup.exe has been deleted?

Josh O'Brien sent on April 08, 2012 6:44 PM
>I am running Cygwin 1.77(0.230/5/3), and would like to update it to
>the most recent version. Unfortunately, I deleted setup.exe after the
>initial install, not understanding that it'd be important to keep it
>around.

Not important to keep.  Perfectly alright to delete.

>Given that setup.exe is gone, is there a good way (short of a full
>reinstall) for me to update the existing install?

Go to http://cygwin.com/ and click on one of the links to < setup.exe >.
They point to < http://cygwin.com/setup.exe >.  This will download
setup.exe again.

You might want to read < http://cygwin.com/install.html > and
< http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html#internet-setup >.

- Barry
  Disclaimer:  Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.