Re: "dst_lib_init: openssl failure" after yesterday's update

On Apr  6 09:50, Adrian Fita wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 23:17, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> > On 4/5/2012 5:57 AM, Adrian Fita wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> After yesterday update I noticed that when I run host or dig, they
> >> give the error "dst_lib_init: openssl failure" (some other commands
> >> which use the openssl library may fail like this also).
>
> [...]
>
> > Works for me:
> >
> > $ host localhost
> > localhost has address 127.0.0.1
> >
> > Just updated all my locally installed packages and included 'bind'. ÂI
> > guess your next step is to provide a full problem report if you haven't
> > been able to solve this.
>
> Hello.
>
> After running dig and host with strace I found that they were trying
> to open the file "C:\cygwin\lib\engines\libgost.so", which didn't
> exist on my system; I saw "geterrno_from_win_error: windows error 126
> == errno 2" in the trace, when the binaries were trying to open this
> file. I found out that the libgost.so file belongs to the openssl
> package, which indeed, wasn't installed. After I installed it, all is
> good.
>
> Maybe some binary requirements changed and the package dependencies
> weren't updated to reflect this? I mean, after upgrading bind, the
> setup tool should have installed openssl as a dependency.

That depends.

After reading that problem I'm wondering if it's not the fault of the
openssl packaging.  The runtime shared libs cygssl and cygcrypto are in
the libopensslXXX package, but the engines are in the openssl package.

Yaakov, do you just change the dependency of the bind package or do you
think the engines should be moved to the libopensslXXX package?

Corinna

Red Hat