Re: "dst_lib_init: openssl failure" after yesterday's update

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 23:17, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> On 4/5/2012 5:57 AM, Adrian Fita wrote:

[...]

>> After yesterday update I noticed that when I run host or dig, they
>> give the error "dst_lib_init: openssl failure" (some other commands
>> which use the openssl library may fail like this also).

[...]

> Works for me:
>
> $ host localhost
> localhost has address 127.0.0.1
>
> Just updated all my locally installed packages and included 'bind'. ÂI
> guess your next step is to provide a full problem report if you haven't
> been able to solve this.

Hello.

After running dig and host with strace I found that they were trying
to open the file "C:\cygwin\lib\engines\libgost.so", which didn't
exist on my system; I saw "geterrno_from_win_error: windows error 126
== errno 2" in the trace, when the binaries were trying to open this
file. I found out that the libgost.so file belongs to the openssl
package, which indeed, wasn't installed. After I installed it, all is
good.

Maybe some binary requirements changed and the package dependencies
weren't updated to reflect this? I mean, after upgrading bind, the
setup tool should have installed openssl as a dependency.

--
Fita Adrian