Re: Cygwin Setup - Post Install Script Errors Unknown Package bash.sh exit code 1

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Family Moreno wrote:

> From there it said to run:
>
> gcc hello.c
>
> But when I do I get an error on the terminal saying:
> gcc: no file or directory found
> gcc: no input file

Surely this wasn't the next step?!  You must create a file called
hello.c first.  If the book didn't tell you to create the file named
hello.c use it a fuel in the fire place and go get a different author
to learn from.

> I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling. I disabled my AV. I have added
> c:\cygwin\bin to my Windows PATH using an elevated command prompt.

Usually not a need to do either of these.

Be sure to review:

--
Earnie