Re: sshd not doing key based authentication

David and Andrew thanks for your replies.

Yes I didn't provide enough details, David you are right. But ...

I was hoping more for some pointers to what the permissions must be and
then do the troubleshooting myself.

The "unix" side of permissions look ok.
I don't know what the windows side must be or if it matters.

The "ssh -vvv' (client side) has not been particularly helpful to me
when it comes to permissions.
and my understanding is that I can't run the sshd frontend without
screwing the permissions.

(the client sends the publickey packet and then jumps to next auth method)

Cheers.

--
Nihil verus. Omnia possibilis.