Re: Is this supposed to work this way?

On 4/4/2012 7:29 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 04/04/2012 03:01 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:

Well, then, following your wisdom, I have to clog every line of my script with
"... || exit" or an equivalent.

No, you don't. You can factor out your feature checks up front,

This.

Maybe I'm misreading your problem, Andrey, but I got the impression from your STC that all it would take to fix it is to translate passed-in paths at the start of the script, if needed. Everything that follows could then treat the paths portably.

Where is this error-checks-on-every-line horror? I don't see how it emerges from your STC.

Simple test cases are great as far as they go, but maybe you've oversimplified this one, so I'm solving the toy problem posed by the STC, while entirely missing the actual problem.