Re: Cygwin 1.7.12-1: exit code 1 during post-install regarding dirs in /dev

Am 04.04.2012 15:04, schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
On Apr 4 14:12, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Apr 4 12:24, Andre Loker wrote:
I *suppose*  the issue is related to this change in 1.7.12:
"- Cygwin now automatically populates the /dev directory with all
existing POSIX devices."

Do I have to take any actions regarding those issues? If so, which?
Thanks for the report.  That's a blatant bug in the /dev handling.
I hope I fixed it sufficiently in CVS.  I'm just generating a new
snapshot which should be available in about half an hour on
http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Please give it a try.  For instance, call the /etc/postinstall/bash.sh
and /etc/postinstall/000-cygwin-post-install.sh files manually ands
report back if they do what they should in terms of /dev.  Maybe the
scripts now have a .done suffix, but you should still be able to run
them.
Snapshot is uploaded. Please test ASAP.

$ ./000-cygwin-post-install.sh.done
mkdir: cannot create directory `/dev/shm': Read-only file system

Creating /dev/shm directory failed.
POSIX semaphores and POSIX shared memory will not work

mkdir: cannot create directory `/dev/mqueue': Read-only file system

Creating /dev/mqueue directory failed.
POSIX message queues will not work

-- Andre Loker Lerchenweg 9 â 46354 SÃdlohn Fon: +49 2862 588728 â Mobil: +49 176 9697 3947 â Fax: +49 2862 588729 mail@andreloker.de â www.andreloker.de