Re: Windows7 broke DRIVELETTER:/path on cmdline of non-cygwin exe

On Apr  4 13:42, raf wrote:
> Eliot Moss wrote:

> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >Thanks but I'm using a non-cygwin path already.
> > >I am not using a cygwin path that needs to be
> > >converted to anything.
> >
> > Except you wrote F:/blah which is *not* a Windows
> > path.  F:\blah is ...
>
> Never mind. The problem has nothing to do with the command
> line arguments or path flavours.
>
> I think it has more to do with the change in terminal handling.
> The password prompting is no longer working (even in mintty).
> The lack of debug output was just buffering.

The problem is that native Windows CLI applications usually don't
work interactively with Cygwin's pseudo ttys as stdio descriptors.

> The users can run the programme from cmd.exe so I'll set up
> some .bat scripts for them instead of bash functions if I
> can't easily get it working from within cygwin.

You can use the still existing Cygwin.bat script from Cygwin's root
directory to start a Cygwin bash in a Windows console window.  The
password prompting will still work there.

Corinna

Red Hat