Re: Windows7 broke DRIVELETTER:/path on cmdline of non-cygwin exe

On 4/3/2012 8:34 PM, raf wrote:
Eliot Moss wrote:

My suggestion would be to read up on the cygpath utility
program and use it to convert cygwin paths to ones suitable
for a non-cygwin program, etc.  I launch non-cygwin programs
all the time on Windows 7 that way ...

Regards -- Eliot Moss

Hi,

Thanks but I'm using a non-cygwin path already.
I am not using a cygwin path that needs to be
converted to anything.

Except you wrote F:/blah which is *not* a Windows path. F:\blah is ...

Hence my suggestion.

If it's of any help, here is what I do for launching
Word on a file from cygwin; similar functions work for
Excel, Acrobat, etc.:

In my .bashrc file:

   alias word=winword
   function winword {
     local ARG
     [ -n "$1" ] && { ARG="$(cygpath -wa "$1")"; shift; }
     command winword ${ARG:+"${ARG}"} "$@" &
   }

The rest of the setup is:

1) ~/bin is on my PATH

2) ~/bin/winword is a cygwin symbolic link (ln -s) to
  /c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office/Office12/WINWORD.EXE

This does the right thing even for a path that starts /cygdrive/c/...
etc.

Eliot Moss