Re: Gnu Compiler for Java compiling

On 4/2/2012 11:42 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 4/2/2012 8:14 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> On 4/2/2012 1:48 AM, Me Myself and I wrote:
>>> I have just gone through the install with internet download using
>>> the latest cygwin windows installer,
>>> on my 64 bit Microsoft Windows 7.  I assume that I've only gotten
>>> 32 bit software, which is not my issue.
>>>
>>> I am trying to compile my first java program,
>>>
>>> gcj Program.java --main=Program -o Program.exe
>>>
>>> and I find that I only get the errror message:
>>>
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>> org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.GCCMain
>>
>> Check /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/gcc4.README, specifically the section "Java
>> users need an additional download to compile source to bytecode."
>>
>> I was not able to find the "download_ecj.sh" script mentioned there, but
>> downloading the ECJ jar file solved the problem for me.
>>
> use the search
>
> http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=gcc4-java%2Fgcc4-java-4.3.4-4&grep=download_ecj.sh

It's not part of the most recent gcc4-java package.

515 ~> cygcheck -cd gcc4-java
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version
gcc4-java            4.5.3-3

516 ~> cygcheck -l gcc4-java | grep download

517 ~> ls -l /usr/sbin/download*
/bin/ls: cannot access /usr/sbin/download*: No such file or directory

Jones' Second Law:
        The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone
        to blame it on.