Re: 90% of programs are unavailable during install using setup.exe in Windows Vista Home Premium

On 4/1/2012 11:27 PM, jeff beck wrote:
I had no problem installing and using Cygwin, however tcsh and most
all programs are marked as n/a.  I Googled for hours and could not
find an answer to this problem. My first concern is getting tcsh.
Secondly, that I am doing something wrong since the majority of the
programs are marked n/a.

I cycled through all the 'views'. I ran setup.exe a second time. No
difference - it showed me what was installed, and there were no
additional programs I could select, all were marked n/a.

Thanks in advance for any help.

uname gives: CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64

I didn't a choice for selecting different versions of Cgywin.

j. Beck

Jeff you are misunderstanding setup.exe selection windows.

On column "new" click on "skip" at the tcsh row

first click will give you 6.18.00-3,
second click 6.18.00-2
third click will return to skip

If you leave "6.18.00-3"

setup will install tcsh version 6.18.00-3 and will propose the
needed dependency.

Regards
Marco