Re: rebase keeps last modification time of DLL unchanged

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 08:47:33PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Mar  9 19:22, Christian Franke wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> Both have it its pros and cons, so it depends on user's preferences:
>> Preserve st_mtime:
>> + Incremental Backups are not polluted with unnecessary DLL copies
>> after rebaseall is run.
>>
>> Update st_mtime:
>> + Incremental Backups provide an accurate copy (including
>> /etc/rebase.db.i386 which matches DLL states)
>>

>> >I don't think the default should change but maybe an option could be
>> >added for people who want to see updated times.
>>
>> Agree.
>
>I'm not so sure this option would make a lot of sense.  An option not
>used by rebaseall by default won't be used anyway.  We should decide
>which behaviour makes more sense and then just do it.

Why couldn't it be an option for rebaseall?

Frankly, I don't really want to see the modification time of all of my
dlls change when I run rebaseall.  I'd rather have the date match what's
in the package.  But, I can see why somebody might not want that
behavior.

cgf