'screen' dies when ssh session to cygwin disconnected

Hi !

The issue discussed in a 3 years old thread [1] is still valid (on a fresh cygwin installation), and I think this issue is a cygwin specific one. Any help or workarounds are very welcome. Here is how to reproduce the bug.

PRECONDITIONS:

1. Install cygwin, with screen and ssh daemon on a Windows machine
2. Install the openssh ssh client on a GNU/Linux machine

STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:

1. Open a command line window in Windows (the standard one or rxvt: I tried both: no difference), then either detach from the session or not (I tried both: no difference)

2. Connect to the Windows machine from a linux machine as follows:
ssh win_host -t screen -R -D (instead of "-R -D" the option "-x" could be used, I tried both: no difference)

3. After a while terminate the connection in some brutal way (in my case the vpn tunnel to the private company network is pretty unstable and terminating from itself frequently)

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

1. Orphaned screen session is detached and capable to accept new connections.

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

1. The screen session in question is visible, but labeled as "dead?", when "screen -ls" executed .

2. It's not possible to connect to it (screen -x is just hanging forever, no output visible).

3. It's possible to get rid of the dead session with "screen -wipe".

FREQUENCY:

1. Pretty often, but not always: 50-60%,

NOTES:

1. Why it seems to be a cygwin-specific issue? I'm using the same setup with a Debian GNU/Linux machine (with the same screen configuration file) since years and I never observed such a behaviour.

ATTACHMENTS:

1. cygcheck.out: the output of cygcheck -srv (couple of company specific lines removed)
2. screenrc: the copy of .screenrc from my home directory on the Windows machine

LINKS:

[1]. http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-02/msg00360.html

Thanks a lot for any help in advance,

-- Ilya Dogolazky