Re: Putty and pre-shared keys with Cygwin's sshd

On 1/21/2012 4:39 AM, Andrey Repin wrote:
What key type you generate? How do you save both parts of the key? You said you copied public key, did you saved private key as well? Or you just assumed it was saved somewhere automatically? -- WBR, Andrey Repin (anrdaemon@freemail.ru) 21.01.2012, <16:36> Sorry for my terrible english...
OK, here's what I did now:

 * Regenerated a SSH-2 DSA key 1024 bit
 * Saved the public and private keys
 * Copied the public key from the box in puttygen that says "Public key
   for the pasting into authorized-keys file" and pasted it into my
   machine's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys
 * Ran putty on the remote machine and made sure to point the
   Connection: SSH: Auth pointed to the private key I saved from
   puttygen (a .ppk file).

Attempted to connect with that and I got:

Using username "adefaria"
Server refused our key
adefaria@ltsdo-adefaria's password:

What did I do wrong?