[SOLVED:] Re: best way to prevent a cygwin build?

On 12/2/2011 10:49 AM, Dave Korn wrote:

Well, in this particular case:

ifeq (Cygwin, $(shell uname -o))
$(error This project does not build in Cygwin)
endif

Can be placed anywhere in the makefile, no need to modify the build rules.

     cheers,
       DaveK

Csaba, Warren, and Dave:

Thanks for all of your replies.

The syntax/line:
+++
$(error This project does not build in Cygwin)
+++

is exactly what I was looking for as I didn't know how to force an exit. I just tried it out and it works like a champ.

I also looked it up in GNU make man pages and it is there ... I don't know how I missed it last night as I "thought" I checked for error. My oversight on missing it, it was probably too late in the evening.

Paul