Re: Create file fails on network drives in cygwin-1.7.9-1

I had the same problem, and the suggested solution below worked.

Failing a permanent fix, it would be great if a future version of cygwin allowed
me to specify (via a config file) that I need to mount (some or all) of the
/cygdrive directories with noacl option (or even better - pointers on how to
achieve that with the current version).  In the meantime I have set up
/etc/fstab as specified below and modified our scripts to write to the manually
mounted network share.

We have deliberately weird permissions on some directories, so I am unlikely to
be able to convince either auditors or system administrators to modify the setup

$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.2 awmspvw00204 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) 2011-03-29 10:10 i686 Cygwin