tic0 dependency, was: urxvt-X terminfo and Bash readline

After installing packages=rxvt-unicode-* on a fresh cygwin, and
starting `urxvt-X`, I got

me@it ~ $ info cygwin
> info: Terminal type `rxvt-unicode' is not smart enough to run Info.

Google pointed me to

where I noted

Charles Wilson Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:27:05 -0400
> Programs compiled against ncurses anytime in the last 2-3 months

now over 2 yrs ago

> use the "new" terminfo database, which organizes the entries by the
> 2-char hex code of the first letter[.] Older programs continue to
> use the "old" terminfo database. Both databases coexist in the
> /usr/share/terminfo directory. The rxvt-unicode postinstall script
> will install a copy of the correct entry into both databases, but
> ONLY if you have the correct program(s) installed:

> /usr/bin/tic.exe from the ncurses package (most everybody will have
> this) --> installs into the "new" database under .../72/

> /usr/bin/tic0.exe from the 'tic0' package (few people install this)
> --> installs into the "old" database under .../u/

> To get this "right", first install the 'tic0' package, and then
> (re)install the rxvt-unicode-common package.

I did that, and now can `info cygwin`. But ...

> Note that in most cases (e.g. cygwin installations that were "in
> service" prior to 2-3 months ago, and had installed rxvt-unicode
> "back then") already had the "old" database entry installed -- and
> so only need the "new" one which *does* happen automagically. It's
> the mix of "I want to use an old program that hasn't been recompiled
> against the new ncurses, AND I am just now installing rxvt-unicode
> for the first time, AND I'm using the old program from inside this
> spiffy new terminal" that causes problems.

... in my case, that appears to be false. I installed a brand new
cygwin onto a cygwin-virginal, just been imaged, box, then installed
rxvt-unicode-* on it days later. Certainly I have no interest in using
some "old program that hasn't been recompiled against the new ncurses":
I just want cygwin (which I regularly recommended to OP) to work OOTB.

So ISTM (unless I'm missing something, in which case, please enlighten
me), there's a bug here. Either

- `info` is 'an old program that hasn't been recompiled against the
  new ncurses', and should be.

- install of packages=rxvt-unicode-* should do what's necessary to
  install files=rxvt-unicode* into /usr/share/terminfo/r/, i.e., make
  package=tic0 an install-time dependency.

If there is another case, or if further debugging is required, please
let me know. Else, please let me know if/how I should file the bug.

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>