Re: How do I run a program compiled in cygwin from a program that is running in a Windows CMD shell?

On 9/15/2011 1:28 PM, Ted Byers wrote:
LMH<lmh_users-groups<at> molconn.com> writes:

<snip>

I have compiled under
cygwin g++ for a long time now and don't run into problems. Are you
using the -mno-cygwin flag in your compile rules? I have two processes,
where one is a child of the the processed that gets launched, but both
are in c. Maybe it is better to address your issue in the c part of the
application, possibly create a little c launcher app that will create
the behavior you need.

What, exactly, does '-mno-cygwin' do?

BTW: With gcc v 4.5.3, using 'G++ -mno-cygwin' followed by the other
commandline arguements needed to compile something results in an error where
it complains '-mno-cygwin' is no longer valid (I forget the exact wording, but
that is the gist of the error message I got).

Right. '-mno-cygwin' is not a supported flag for gcc with version 4. It was there to allow a kind of cross compiler that targets Win32 instead of Cygwin. This is obviously not what you want anyway so it's of no consequence to you that the flag has been removed. :-) There are now actual cross compilers available in Cygwin for gcc 4 that serve the purpose of the old '-mno-cygwin' flag.

--
Larry