Re: plotting from octave: address space already occupied, fork aborts

Marco atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:
>On 9/14/2011 5:33 PM, Paul wrote:
>> Marco atzeri<marco.atzeri<at>  gmail.com>  writes:
>
>>> The right command should be:
>>>
>>> $ rebaseall -s 'dll|so|oct'
>>
>> Thanks again, Marco.  Unfortunately, still no joy after redoing you
>> rebaseall&  peflagsall statements and rebooting.

      <...snip...>

> I suspect your Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit is using more space
> than rebaseall and cygwin expects.
>
> After the plot error could you check the octave PID with
> ps and attach a copy of
>
> /proc/OCTAVE_PID/maps
> file ?
>
> It should give us an idea of unavailable address space on your system
> due to the MS system and other programs dll's.

I made a mistake, it's actually Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit.

The workplace has an atmosphere of vigilence toward sharing info about
work related assets in the open.  I will try to duplicate the problem
at home and post the specified details.

Thanks.