Re: rebaseall and cygstdc++-6.dll

On 13/09/2011 22:20, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 21:57 -0400, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>> Just a heads up around an issue I encountered with rtorrent after
>> executing rebaseall. I ran in to some forking issues so I executed
>> rebaseall after which rtorrent started to crash constantly during
>> various operations.  Through trial and error I narrowed it down to
>> cygstdc++-6.dll being rebased.  As a result I updated rebaseall to
>> exclude cygstdc++ (at line 110) by adding "-e '/cygstdc++-6.dll$/d'".
>>
>> I'm not sure what the issue is with rebasing cygstdc++-6.dll, but I
>> figured I should share my findings in case someone else runs in to a
>> similar issue.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2011-07/msg00058.html ??

  It sounds like the same problem Corinna saw.  It can't be the exact same bug
as the one she linked to there, because that fix went into binutils ages ago,
but it could conceivably be related.  It turns out that it can also happen
with DLLs that have been rebased down as well as up, after all.  I suspect a
typeinfo problem but am still investigating.

    cheers,
      DaveK