RE: Device names in /proc/mounts

That's why the proposal suggests using /dev/sdXY names only when
a driver letter does indeed map to a hard disk.

> /cygdrive is a user-settable value.

So use whatever /cygdrive is actually set to.

>  Some users use other
> values like "/dev" instead of /cygdrive.

How does /dev/ttyS0 resolve in this case?
Those users have already shot themselves in the foot.

> Some people get rid
> of the /cygdrive entirely and just map to /a.

Which would be a rebind.  /cygdrive (or the user's
selected replacement) still exists, right?

>  We're not
> going to introduce this level of recursive confusion to the
> mount table handling.

The proposal is sound.  It works on Linux, after all.

> Please give it a rest.  We're not changing the mount table for you.

Ok.

Can you answer the following question:

Given a volume label, how does one figure out where the corresponding
volume has been mounted into the Cygwin namespace?

Thanks,

Konrad Schwarz