Re: Enable logging remote ssh contacts

On Apr 29 01:21, Fokke Nauta wrote:
> Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
> > no, setfacl %-|
> >
> > (getfacl messages  | echo group:Users:r--) | setfacl -m -f - messages
> >
> > PS : replace Users by the equivalents group on your system (Utilisateurs
> > in french under Vista, don't know under XP ?)
> > well, the last one :
> > v2$ id
> > uid=1000(Cyrille) gid=513(None)
> > groups=513(None),0(root),544(Administrateurs),545(Utilisateurs)
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Cyrille Lefevre
> >

> Hi,
>
> I entered (getfacl messages  | echo group:Users:r--) | setfacl -m -f -
> messages
> and got as result: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I can't reproduce the SEGV.  However, your expression is wrong
anyway:

- (getfacl messages | echo group:Users:r--)

  This expression only echos the "group:Users:r--" line, the output
  of getfacl is simple lost since echo doesn't copy its stdin to
  stdout.  What you really want is this:

  (getfacl messages ; echo group:Users:r--)

  Note the semicolon instead of the pipe.

- setfacl -m -f -

  This doesn't work.  The -f option is always a set option and can't
  combined with the -m option.  So just use

  setfacl -f -

- Did you notice Cyrille's hint about the name of the Users group?
  It's not always Users, rather it is localized, for instance
  "Utilisateurs" in french, "Benutzer" in german, etc.  If you
  use "Users" on a non-English system, you are probably out of luck.

  Fortunately you can also use the gid instead of the group name:

  (getfacl messages ; echo group:545:r--) | setfacl -f -

Corinna

Red Hat