RE: Accessing folders elsewhere than C:\cygwin

Corinna Vinschen wrote
>  cygwin_parent=$(cygpath -ua $(cygpath -ma /)/..)

Might the ability to identify cygwin's root be a good
thing to add to cygpath?  (Note: I'm not commenting on
Corinna's proposal per se - hers was just the latest
email in this thread.)

Under "System information", one could have an option

  -R, --root    output cygwin root directory

where

$ cygpath -Rw
C:\cygwin

$ cygpath -Ru
/cygdrive/c/cygwin

or, if the cygdrive prefix has been changed to a simple /,

$ cygpath -Ru
/c/cygwin

Just an idea.  Unfortunately, I cannot propose a patch.

Thanks for considering this.

- Barry