1.7.7: Bash interactive login takes very long (> 1 min)

Hello,

this is a fresh installation on a pc in a corporate domain environment. Cygwin has been installed for all users using a domain user account with local admin privileges.

When I start cygwin.bat (wether as privileged user or as normal user, that doesn't matter), it takes always more than 60 seconds before the prompt appears. How can I trace what the problem is?

One thing that directly came to my mind was that there are a number of network drives mapped and that turning them into "cygdrives" might actually require them to be accessed during mount. I'd like to try for Cygwin to not automatically mount all mapped network drives but I can't find a way to avoid this as /etc/fstab is basically empty:

	# For a description of the file format, see the Users Guide
	# http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

	# This is default anyway:
	# none /cygdrive cygdrive binary,posix=0,user 0 0

So the second question is: How do I prevent Cygwin from mounting mapped drives (other than unmapping them before starting cygwin.bat)?

I've searched the user guide, this group, and Google before posting here, but haven't found any useful information.

Freundliche GrÃÃe/Kind regards
Martin Schulze
Essen, Germany

[I'd like to have written this mail message from my corporate mail account but unfortunately, the Cygwin mail list servers seems to be picky:

  cygwin.20.maillinglist@spamgourmet.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<cygwin.20.maillinglist@spamgourmet.com>:
    host mx1.gmx.net [213.165.64.102]: 550-5.7.1 {mx032} Sorry, your helo has been denied.
    550 5.7.1
]