Re: vim wraps lines

On 1/27/2011 1:25 PM, Daniel Ajoy wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:44:34 -0500, Daniel Ajoy <da.ajoy> wrote:
^^^^^^^

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:12:01 -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <> wrote:
                                                            ^
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.

I can't reproduce that behavior. What's your TERM environment variable set
to?

echo $TERM
xterm

It's most likely a problem with the TERM setting in use when vim was
started, as Larry asked to clarify. I think it's also possible that a
non-Cygwin version of vim was actually started under a Cygwin session.
Larry's suggestion to follow the problem reporting guidelines would
likely clarify this point as well.

which vim
/usr/bin/vim

And cygcheck.out was attached in this message:

Any other information I can provide you?

I notice you're behind one step on the cygwin package. I don't think that's a contributor but you should update.

I don't see anything obviously wrong with your terminal settings or
related environment variables and there aren't any collisions with other
3rd party apps.  I did notice you had LANG set to "en_US.ISO-8859-1"
while I have "C.UTF-8".  I didn't find changing this made any difference
for me but maybe it will for you.

--
Larry