Re: 1.7.7 - OpenSSH Fatal Error 1114

On 12/26/2010 1:34 PM, Johnson, Phillip wrote:

Cygwin Support,

Regarding the current release of Cygwin,
we are also seeing an issue using the SSH server
distributed within Cygwin.

We follow instructions that have worked in past
installations, however we now are unable to use
the command-line for inline commands from the client:

When using ssh from any client (Windows, Linux) we are able  to
ssh into the server (cygwin openssh server) but we are not able to pass
in any parameters to the connection command.

Example of failure:

[ah-pearl ~]$ ssh bl-u2 ls 1 [main] sshd 136 C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd.exe: *** fatal error - could not load u, Win32 error 1114

$ net helpmsg 1114

A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

The above command sequence works just fine for me using the latest stuff. Perhaps it makes sense to submit a problem report as described in <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> if you're still seeing problems here and they can't be attributed to something like <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>.

--
Larry