Re: du -ks output different when run from command and when run on scheduled task

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On 12/7/2010 4:10 PM, computer tech wrote:
>>
>> Greetings all I have run this set of commands directly from the cygwin
>> command line.
>> du -ks //comp/shares/
>>
>> Ouput1: is correct
>> 49939594 ? ? ? ?//comp/shares/
>
> <snip>
>
>> The bat. file that schedules the bash script looks like this. ?The
>> scheduled task runs at night and it works , it just outputs the wrong
>> number.
>> @echo off
>> C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -c "/home/rod/Shop-fs2.sh"
>>
>> Output2: when script runs from scheduled tasks ; It just gives a 4,
>> when the output is way more then 4.
>> 4 ? ? ? //s550-shop/shares/replica/Administration
>
> Yep. ?This is an age-old issue that really has to do with Windows
> permissions
> for services. ?The default user for services doesn't have permission to
> access network shares, even if you do. ?One option is to run the service
> as you. ?There are others. ?Read
>
> <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview>
>
> and the following sections for more background, details, and possible
> options.

Hi Larry, Thank you for your response. I read the link and a few of
those items are a little over my head. If I try authenticating my self
to the network in the following manner in the bash script

net use '\\server\share' /user:DOMAIN\my_user my_users_password

then use the share on the script like so
 du -ks \\server\share

Will that traverse that share with the credentials used in the net use command?