Question about cygwin installation and folder permissions

Hi,

First I am sorry to ask this question but I would like to know if some cygwin developers
could give me some advice about the way of installing a software at the root drive
(ex c:\mysoftware) on Windows Vista/7 operating systems.
Indeed normally on those systems application are installed inside Progam Files and
have limited write access.
However with cygwin you manage to install it anywhere you want and you have write access.
So if you could give me some ideas it would help me a lot.

Thanks