Re: Cygwin's svn appends unwanted .exe to file name on checkout

On Oct 26, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Carl Norum wrote:
> On Oct 25, 2010, at 8:16 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
>> On 10/25/2010 12:20 PM, Carl Norum wrote:
>>> I am having the problem described in this past mailing list discussion:
>>>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-02/msg00704.html
>>> Is there any fix or workaround for it that I should know about?
>>
>> As far as I know, this was fixed in Cygwin 1.7.2. Neither the script here
>>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-03/msg00026.html
>> or the script here
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-03/msg00067.html
>> trigger the problem for me.
>>
>> What version of Cygwin are you using? (Perhaps you can just attach the output of cygcheck, following there directions here: http://cygwin.com/problems.html) If you are using the latest version, can you try the scripts mentioned above? If they work but you still see a problem, it would be very helpful if you could modify one of them to reproduce the problem you're seeing.
>
> Thanks David - looks like I missed the crucial step of seeing if there was a new version.  My local machine didn't show the problem and is at the same version as the build server:
>
>  My machine:   CYGWIN_NT-5.1 mowgli 1.7.1(0.218/5/3) 2009-12-07 11:48 i686 Cygwin
>  Build server: CYGWIN_NT-5.2-WOW64 pappylion1 1.7.1(0.218/5/3) 2009-12-07 11:48 i686 Cygwin
>
> I guess I was just assuming that because they were the same that they were both up-to-date, and that the problem was related to the 64-bit version or something.  I will update both 1.7.2 and see what happens.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I updated to 1.7.7 (took a couple tries on Windows 2003 Server, but it's good now) and everything seems to be working.  I did have a bit of a hiccup with the updated version of 'svn' behaving differently when exporting, but I've worked that out in the build scripts.  Sorry for the false alarm!

-- Carl