Re: Subversion mangling names in .svn/entries metadata file

Hello,

* On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 09:35:47AM -0500 Jeremy Bopp wrote:
> On 10/26/2010 8:11 AM, J.C. Wren wrote:

> > Maybe I didn't explicitly say that I did reboot the system, but that's
> > not a reason to merely assume that I didn't.
>
> On the contrary, I think it's a great reason to assume you didn't reboot
> given your description of how cygwin1.dll eventually got updated and the
> following quote:

My experience on user support (both from the side of giving support, as
well as from the side of receiving it) on other forums tells me that it
is never wrong to state the (expectedly) obvious. It happens every now
and then, even to the experienced users, that they forget something like
that.

Thus, it is better to ask the obvious instead of trying to debug the
problem for hours, only to find out that the obvious was the problem in
the first place.

Best regards,
Spiro.

--