Re: Build Graphviz

On 10/10/2010 09:44 PM, Steven Woody wrote:
> It's strange ...  When use method of
> 'http://sourceware.org/cygwinports', I failed because I cannot found
> graphviz package in the setup's package list window even though I did
> see the package in the server's directory tree.
>
> When use method of cygport directory, I also failed because cyyport
> complained that 'php' is needed, it seems another port.  But  php is
> likely a big family that contains a dozen of packages, that threatened
> me :(

The ports build by default tries to supply a number of support libraries
for a number of programming languages.  If you just want the graphviz
tools themselves, you will probably have to look into the details of
what the port is doing for the build and strip out the parts you don't want.

All you probably need are the patches used by the port to successfully
build the sources.  They are located along side the .cygport file at the
location indicated by Yaakov.  If you grab those patches and apply them
to the sources you downloaded earlier, you can probably perform your
original build without error.

-Jeremy