Re: Looking for experienced CygWin Users

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:09, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 09:46:28AM +1300, David Antliff wrote:
>>What a disappointing trail of negativity and discouragement.

> What, specifically was "negative" and "discouraging"?
>
> Was it:
>
> A random mailing list user expressing dislike for web forums?
>
> A maintainer stating that he didn't want to split his time between the
> Cygwin mailing lists and some other unofficial forum?
>
> Telling someone how to spell the name of the project they want
> to be helping?
>
> Mentioning that fragmenting support is probably a bad idea?
>
> Suggesting that directly helping the project by helping to write
> documentation is a better idea than trying to start something
> unofficial?
>
> Suggesting that, unless you're going to be actively moderating
> a forum, you can't guarantee tone or content?

Yep, pretty much all of that. It's not what was said (which sounds
fine when you paraphrase it as you have), but the way it was said. It
was my reaction to reading the thread in one sitting, especially as I
thought the OP had good intentions.

That is all.

-- David.