Re: permission denied when using snmpwalk

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Rogelio <scubacuda@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to snmpwalk a server using Cygwin, and when I type
> "snmpwalk -c" like I am used to doing on a *nix box, I get a message
> saying that permission is denied.
>
> What might I need to check here?

Larry is right this is likely off topic but since a possibly similar
message was on this list a few days ago I can tell you that there
appears to be a problem with Windows permissions allowing Cygwin to
open a socket.  This isnt technically Cygwin's fault as it is a
Windows permissions thing, but if you are affected by this, AND
snmpwalk wants a socket to do its scanning then snmpwalk wont be able
to open a socket and you may not get any more of an informative
message other than "Sorry, can't do it."  At least the other app had
an informative message stating that a socket could not be opened.

I'm honestly not sure if this will help you or if its way off base,
but at least it will give you something to check on.

Rance