Re: error: "unable to remap" - despite repeated rebaseall

> Additional background:
>
> P4.dll is part of a perl extension library for Perforce, p4perl. ?I built ?the perl library from source, but it links with some pre-compiled libraries that come from Perforce. ?Those libraries *were* built for cygwin.
>
> The P4.pm perl extension would not build with gcc 4, so when I built it I used g++-3 for the compiler and linker.
>

> I have tried running rebaseall several times, all successfully. ?I have provided an additional filelist to rebaseall (with -T) to make sure that the P4.dll was included in the rebaseing, since the P4.dll was not installed by cygwin, so is not listed as an installed file.
>
> Any suggestions?

Rebaseall bases by default only Cygwins builtin DLL.

This is from a differnt context, but I guess the solution is similar.

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Prefix/Cygwin#Rebase_all_with_user_list

I also heard of a special rebase-perl script. Try to google for that.

Al