chmod -R 777*

Hello,

I use windows XP on a small server. Lately I downloaded a software
(hydrological computation) which asked me to install as well âcygwinâ and then
to perform in cygwin window the command: âchmod âR 777 *â in order to give
writings permission and allow the software to perform.
I admit, I did not check, this instruction came from serious peopleâ.But I
started to frick out when I realized that this command did not only change the
permission of files related to the software or cygwin, but of all the files on
my computer, it even started to process on the content of a dvd that was in my
computer and I stopped the process  since I was fearing that it would continue
to the serverâs disksâ..

I immediately perform a system restore at 1week before, but I am not sure I am
OK with the permissions of sensitives windows files. Indeed, the dll files in
the windows/system folder show a read/execute and write permission to everyone
for example. It might have been like this before the problem with the âchmodâ,
but I can not tell and I worry I did something wrong.

Is there any way to check the proper permission configuration on windows XP or
to restore it?

Any suggestion or help will be very very appreciated.

Thanks,

Yohann