Re: kernel32.dll breakage (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.7.6-1)

Chris [Sutcliffe], can we please revert this change for now?  It breaks
building Win32 apps, if the link order prefers kernel32.a over advapi32.a.
Done.
Thanks. Are you sure that only CreateProcessAsUserW is affected?

In a word, no. I'll have to go through the file function by function checking against the other def files...... sigh.
In theory, shouldn't the gendef script drop symbols from kernel32.def
which are defined in advapi32.dll?  That would fix the problem, afaics.
That would be ideal, but I'm not sure what the capabilities of
gendef are in this respect.
I'm curious, where is that gendef script?  For some reason it isn't part
of the w32api sources in CVS.  Wouldn't it make sense to check it in as
well?

Nope, it's already part of Cygwin:

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=gendef%2Fgendef-1.0-svn2931-1&grep=gendef.exe

Cheers!