Re: starting excel from crontab

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:06:22 +0200
> Von: "Corinna Vinschen - corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com" <+cygwin+maillinglist+27352a5def.corinna-cygwin#cygwin.com@spamgourmet.com>
> An: cygwin@cygwin.com
> Betreff: Re: starting excel from crontab

> On Jul 21 11:13, cygwin.20.maillinglist@spamgourmet.com wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I have the problem that I like to start Excel at the end of the workday
> from crontab.
> >
> > Cron is running under a local system account.
> >
> > The problem is that excel is started but does not popup. When I change
> the check box "Exchange Data with Desktop" I got always the error "*** fatal
> error - could not load user32, Win32 error 1114" for all cronjobs.
> >
> > How can I fix the problem.
>
> See http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview

Sorry I read this already, but I'm not sure that I understood it correct. As far as I understood it this means.

1. Method would be installation cron as privileged account and do nothing else?
2. Method would be installation with telling using cyglsa packages and do nothing else?
3. Method same as method 1 but making passwd -R after setting up cron?

Setup of the cron I did with admin rights.

If I'm wrong please tell me.

> Does any one of the alternative methods to switch the user context work?
I changed the setup of cron that a privileged account should run the cron but I got the same error on any cron entry.

> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd2
I think I used this already because on initial setup I told the cron-config that I using the cyglsa package.

> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd3
when I use passwd -R as normal user I got the error.
Storing password failed: Function not implemented
As Admin the is no error.

Here the cron entries are running. I change the option at the service but still no excel comming up.

I tried all but still no excel running in foreground.

--
IMPORTANT
If you send me email directly it will be deleted.

GRATIS fÃr alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!