Re: seteuid problem Win2003

On Jul  9 17:17, Vikentsy Lapa wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I run simple seteuid programm which switch user context form user   admin   to user   UserDom1.
>
> Programm output is
> $ ./t_seteuid.exe
> Process EUID: 11133
> seteuid failed:: Permission denied

That's a Windows limitation.

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-setuid-overview

Users in the administrators group don't have the right to switch the
user context without providing a password.  For method 1
(http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd1) the user
must hold the SE_CREATE_TOKEN_NAME privilege, for method 2 and 3
(http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd2
 http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd3) the user
needs the SE_TCB_NAME privilege.  These privileges are generally
only given to the SYSTEM user.

Corinna

Red Hat