Re: gcc4: throwing exception from signal handler

Dave Korn wrote:

On 08/07/2010 14:01, Don Ward wrote:
I would like to be able to catch certain signals (SIGSEGV and SIGSYS)
and throw a C++ exception (to be caught in a try/catch construct).  As a
simple example:

Am I misunderstanding how this should work or doing something wrong?  Or
is this a problem with Cygwin or gcc?

Throwing exceptions from a signal handler is a can of worms that requires support from both the compiler and the C runtime.

Understood!

I was working on adding
this support for the distro package of gcc-4.5 before I had to go AWOL a
couple of weeks ago; it requires building the Cygwin DLL with EH tables, and
adding support in the last-chance stack unwinder in libgcc that is able to
unwind past our sigfe/sigbe stuff.

I'm glad someone is (or will be) working on it. In the meanwhile, I can make do with gcc 3.4.4.

Thanks,

-- Don W.