Re: A workaround for CTRL-C not working on Windows console apps in ptys

Scott Wells <SCWells72 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi.  I'm a longtime cygwin user (since it was gnu-win32) who has struggled to
> solve one particular long-standing disconnect between cygwin and native Win32
> command-line utilities, notably that unless you're using a cygwin shell from a
> cmd.exe window (or tools like Console2 that effectively co-opt the native
> console), CTRL-C doesn't properly interrupt spawned native processes.

Interesting...just on a whim I removed the alias/function for ant entirely and
tried having it run the shell script instead of the batch file.  That failed,
but seemingly due to line endings.  Then I used dos2unix to convert the ant
shell script in-place and tried it and it worked, and lo and behold, it seems to
properly handle CTRL-C as well.  While ant isn't the only thing that drove me to
try this workaround, it's definitely the main thing.  I'll keep playing with
this but, assuming it works as it seems to, this is great!