Re: CygWin-1.7.3-1 fails to provide pipe. (merge back into trunk please)

On 5/19/2010 1:04 PM, Gary wrote:
> benczur writes:
>
>> Sorry for bringig up this thread again, but was this issue fixed in 1.7.5-1?
>>
>> When I do:
>> $ mkfifo /tmp/pipe
>> $ ls -l > /tmp/pipe
>> cygwin hangs... and cannot be stopped by Ctrl-C.
>
> WFM (in the sense it responds to Ctrl-C).

The function of Ctrl-C is conditional, based on whether you use the
Windows terminal (cmd.exe) or a Cygwin terminal (mintty/rxvt).  Under
the Windows terminal, Ctrl-C is ignored, but it works as expected under
a Cygwin terminal.

>> Alternatively after
>> $ ls -l > /tmp/pipe &
>> $ cat /tmp/pipe
>>
>> nothing happens, so I  interrupt cat with Ctrl-C, and finally try:
>>
>> $ cat < /tmp/pipe
>> cat: -: Communication error on send

I see this behavior under both kinds of terminals.  Under Linux, all of
the above works as you expect, so this appears to be a Cygwin defect.

-Jeremy