Octave 3.2.3: wrong matrix calculation

Hi All,
I use octave 3.2.3 under Cygwin (windows 7) for my math application.
I discovered a bad calculation calling the function det(). The step to reproduce is this:

> A = [1,2,3;4,5,6;7,8,9];
> det(A)
ans = -9.5171e-16

The matrix is singular so I expected the resul was 0 and not a very very little number. I problem is the same also with Octave 3.2.4.
At the begin I thougth it was only a round error, but I've made the same proof with Octave under Debian Linux (lenny).
Under Linux?the resul has been 0 as I expected.

Can anyone suggest me something to solve that problem?

I'm using Cygwin 1.7.5-1 with Intel centrino 2 and windows 7 64 bit.

Thank you in advance.
Regards.

Luca